Linguine with Clams by Clarisse
½ lb linguine
Olive oil, to coat the skillet
2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
Pinch of crushed red pepper
1 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed
¼ cup water
¼ parsley, finely chopped
- Boil water for pasta. Once water is boiling, add linguine and cook for 9 minutes (times may vary based on your choice of pasta and preference).
- At the same time, in a large skillet, heat olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and red pepper. Stir until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Add clams and water to the skillet. Cover the skillet and let clams simmer over moderate heat until the clams open. This should take about 8 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Drain the linguine and add it to skillet with clams. Toss the ingredients together using tongs. Simmer for another minute to allow the pasta to absorb some of the juices.
- Add fresh parsley on top, and serve.
Clarisse personalized this recipe she discovered in Food & Wine's Annual Cookbook 2011, click for more from Food & Wine.