Have it Natural, Sugar
Check out this week's Food for Thought video and find out if it is your fault that you eat sugar or not. Also, try this mouthwatering recipe that is perfect for thanksgiving.
Baked Granny Smith Apples
Coconut, Dates and Pecans
Yield: 2 apples
2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
3 tablespoons coconut butter or manna
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of ginger powder
dash of nutmeg
pinch of salt
2 Granny Smith apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet of foil to cover a glass baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together first 8 ingredients.
- Core the apples. Make an extra wide opening at the top.
- Spoon the mixture into the cavity of the apples, packing firmly and letting it overflow out the top.
- Place apples in the glass baking dish and bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.