Food for Thought concluded it's series on healthy and unhealthy fats with a review of precisely why processed and less processed oils differ -- and the class itself concluded with a tasty treat of Roasted Poblano Chilies and Avocado Dip
ROASTED POBLANO CHILIES
AND AVOCADO DIP
Yield: 6 servings
2 poblano chilies
1 bunch spinach, (stems removed)
2 tablespoons lime juice
¼ cup red onion
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
- Roast poblanos over an open flame until blackened. Be sure to use tongs! Place chilis in a paper bag or bowl and cover with plastic wrap to sweat and cool.
- Clean spinach and wilt turning frequently with tongs in a medium pot. Do not add water, the water that is left on spinach from cleaning is enough for steaming. Squeeze wilted spinach in colander and transfer to blender.
- When cooled enough to handle, scrape charred skin of poblanos and remove stems and seeds.
- Place poblanos and remaining ingredients in the blender and process until almost smooth.
- Garnish with diced tomatos and additional avocado chunks if desired.